Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Job Security

We just found out that Geoff won't be hired back with the Palmdale School District this coming year. They are having cut backs and because Geoff left the district he is considered a "New Hire" and fireable. It's funny to me because I thought of all people, we had job security. I look at this trial as an opportunity to trust the Lord. I know when it's all said and done, He is faithful, He will take care of us, He will provide, and it's for our good. The only variable is; will we be trusting Him when He answeres? If I look back over my life I find that He has been faithful. He has lovingly blessed us and provided for us in the past. He deserves my trust. I on the other hand have been complacent, ungrateful, untrustworthy, and stubborn. How thankful I am that His provision is based on His lovingkindness and not in measure to my faithfulness. That truth, makes me repent, and beg that I would be more faithful.
It apears that all local districts are cutting back on teachers which means that we might have to look else where for a job. This is difficult because we owe much more on our house then it could be sold for. Right now... There is no answer.
I am thankful for this trial because it has thrown me on my knees and reminded me of how much I love being at the feet of my loving Father. It's reminded me that He cares for me, He takes care of the ravens, and clothes the flowers, and He cares for me. My security doesn't come from a job, but from the One who provides all things, and He hasn't changed.
Please pray! Please pray that Geoff and I would be found faithful when the trial is over. Pray that we would honnor God by trusting in Him. Pray that we would be thankful and persever. That we would walk in the strength that He provides and bring glory to His name.

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

I will pray for you, my friend, and for your souls to trust He who provides.

Becky Metras said...

Kim, this is Becky. I too was laid off from my teaching job. I found out that there is no senority at a Christian school and the very young new principal decided to lay off the older teachers and keep the first and second year teachers (a couple third years too) so I too after 16 years of perfect evaluations am looking for a teaching job. As if someone wants to hire a 58 year old teacher! It will be tough if I don't get a job since manufacturing is so bad and Jim has very little work. I can't imagine not teaching. I even dream teaching! Oh well, God knows and will direct. I will be praying that Geoff gets a job.